Monday, May 14, 2012

Don't Preach To Me No More


Tell me what you know that will heal me.
Preach your God on me like he makes it all better
Tell me I have to believe it’s all for a reason
Preach your God to me why don’t you
Tell me she’s in a better place why don’t you?
Preach your God to me
Tell me only he knows why it happened
Preach your God to me why don’t you
Tell me I didn’t deserve it & you don’t understand why it happened but you know God knows, so go ahead…
Preach your God to me why don’t you?
Tell me prayer will heal me
Preach your God
Tell me prayer will give me understanding
Preach your God to me
Tell me it’ll rid my anger
Preach your God to me
Your God who has allowed me to suffer when I’ve tried to be the best person I can be
Preach your God to me
Your God who has taken my innocent & loved child from me
Preach your God why don’t you some more.
Your God who allows all the disgusting things in this world to happen & yet I, I who tries so hard to get ahead is always knocked down.
Preach him to me, why don’t you?
Your God who is supposed to make it all better
Preach him to me
Your God who has a reason for everything
Preach why don’t you?
Your God who shall never forsake me
Preach him to the woman who is angry
Your God who has this power
Preach him to the woman who buried her child
Your God who brings healing & understanding
Preach God to the one who needs it
Your God who I am SO angry with
Preach him to me why don’t you
This seems to be everyone’s advice to me
This God that allows hunger & war in this world
Preach him to me why don’t you.
Your God in who I find so hard to hold on to anymore
Your God you preach that I am still waiting for
Preach him no more please
That’s all I am asking
This God so mighty
Preach him no more to me
When I am healed
When I come to terms
I will look for this God
I will come back to him one day
But right now
Right now I am asking
Don’t preach your God to me

No comments:

Post a Comment